What is Teamwork?
Coined as “the only way to manage your projects and team,” Teamwork is a robust online project management tool. Launched in 2007, Teamwork has a global user base, outstanding customer service support (including a plethora of tutorial videos on YouTube), and the ability to integrate with many other tools such as Dropbox, Onedrive, and FreshBooks to name a few.
Why do we use Teamwork?
Many companies use an intranet, email, spreadsheets, or software to manage their projects. Our choice is Teamwork, an online based, collaborative project management tool that combines email functionality, Gantt charts, time entry, and task management. Other online project management tools exist, some of which we have tried at Keystone Resources, but in late 2015, we decided to switch to Teamwork to continue to remain agile and responsive to our clients’ needs.
When do we use it?
We live by Teamwork. In fact, we have a saying: If it’s not in Teamwork, it doesn’t exist. We have our individual weekly task lists bookmarked, and they are one of the first things we check each morning. Checking our weekly tasks helps us time block and ensures our projects are completed within the timelines we established. On the other hand, if we need to push a project back, we are able to determine that weeks ahead of time and can then communicate these changes to the client in a manner that eliminates confusion, miscommunication, and disappointment.
How does Teamwork benefit us?
- Convenience – simply put, everything is in one place. All of our projects, tasks, files, and correspondence live in Teamwork. If a project lead is out of the office, someone else from the team can go into a project and know exactly where it stands. If a client sends a request, the team doesn’t have to wait for a lead to dig through their inbox for the answer. On the other hand, clients can search the files and messages on their own without having to wait for a response. Additionally, Teamwork offers the following tools that increase our productivity:
- Gantt Charts & Milestones
- Bulk Editing Tasks
- Creating repeatable tasks
- Entering Time
- Teamwork Chat
- Ability to Create Tasks from Emails (With a Plugin)
- The mobile app makes remotely managing projects much more streamlined
Want to try Teamwork? Check it out here with our special Keystone Resources referral link – https://www.teamwork.com/friend/keystoneresources
Was this post helpful? What methods does your team use for project management? Let us know in the comments below.