What Is Feedly?
At first glance, the Internet can be a pretty overwhelming place to look for your news. There are thousands of websites, blogs, social media platforms, and video streams inundating you with the latest information all the time. On any given day, you can look to a variety of Internet sources for the news and content you are looking for. How do you figure out what is actually relevant and interesting to you?
The answer to your Internet overload is Feedly, a site that allows you to curate content and news that you are interested in to read, save, and share. Feedly synchronizes RSS feeds into one, visually appealing place. Once you set up a Feedly account, it is important to set up your custom dashboard in a way that will best organize your personalized content.
How Do You Set Up Feedly?
Content feeds may be added to your Feedly account in a variety of ways:
- Search for a source you already know and add it (i.e. Business Insider)
- Search by content topic (i.e. graphic design)
- Add a thought leader’s curated collection (i.e. Guy Kawasaki)
- If you already know the URL of a site you want in your feed, you can add it by typing in the URL to the search box or by pasting the URL directly into Feedly
- YouTube channels are also an option!
Feedly ensures you never miss your favorite news sources or blogs by enabling you to create a Feedly “Must Read” section. This section curates the all of the stories and topics that are most important to you.
Feedly also allows you to customize the layout in which your feeds are presented to you:
- Magazine view to see a photo along with the article
- Title Only view, you are able to quickly scan many article titles and the source
- Card view to see large images
- Full Article view to scroll though your feed’s full articles in one continuous view.
Why Do We Use Feedly?
At Keystone Resources, we love Feedly for several reasons. It allows us to personalize feeds of posts from a variety of our favorite outlets such as 99u. We also are able to have several feeds that cover the topics we are most interested in – design, entrepreneurship, marketing, proposals, among others. As a busy group of people, we love that Feedly’s simple desing and the way it saves us time by populating all of the content we want to read from a variety of websites into one place. With Feedly, you have your own personalized corner of the internet, organized the way you want it to be and full of only the content you want to read and look at.
Was this post helpful? What methods does your team use for content inspiration? Let us know in the comments below.