We are excited to announce that we are looking for an experienced salesperson to join our marketing agency. We’re growing as an agency, and with the right person, we will have the ability to grow and succeed even more. If you think you might be the right person (or know the right person), then keep reading!
The salesperson works to improve Keystone Resources’ market position and achieve financial growth. Along with the Management Team, this person defines long-term organizational strategic goals. The salesperson builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
As a salesperson within Keystone Resources, it is your job to work with the internal team, marketing team, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for KR. In addition, it is important to help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive about the services and deliverables provided by our Team.
Please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Salesperson position shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals
- Plan approaches and pitches
- Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Participate in pricing the solution/service
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client
- Client Retention
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with colleagues to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by you and the team
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal team members
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose and strive to lead your team to meet them
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Plan events that highlights corporate services
- Develop an evaluation process to gain feedback from constituents
- Perform public speaking to volunteer organizations and committees regarding public relations, marketing and development
- BA degree (Advertising, Communications, Fine Arts or related field preferred)
- 5-7 years’ experience in business development or marketing for B2B company
- 5-7 years’ experience in lead generation and sales
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at the same time
- Experience using CRMs and marketing automation tools preferred
- Knowledge of top full services agencies is a plus
- Business Acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
- Travel – primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- The ability to lift 25 pound boxes to a height of 3-4 feet moving them in and out of vehicle and climbing the stairs with them
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Daily ascends/descends a flight of stairs to enter the office.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the day, while working at a computer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients, the public, and co-workers he/she must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations utilizing active listening skills while providing a high level of customer service and teamwork
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Keystone Resources
Founded in 2002, Keystone Resources is a full-service marketing agency based in Houston. We are small, close-knit team specializing in design, digital, and proposal management. We operate with creative, dedicated and responsive service to our clients and our community.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.